It really doesn’t get any easier than this. The last of my make ahead meals. The thing that took the longest (after the baking) was taking the meat off the bird. This is a fool proof meal that almost everyone will like. The recipe came from The Lady and Son’s, Too! by Paula Deen.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped or 4 cups leftover cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded the meat)
- Unsalted butter, for greasing pan
- 1 (11 1/2-ounce) package flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by-9-inch pan with the cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the 3 kinds of soup and the tomatoes. Stir in the chicken.
Layer the tortillas and the chicken mixture in the pan, beginning and ending with tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.