This was another make ahead meal. We were very excited that one of these were left over since it has all our favorite things, meat beans and chilies. I got the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10-3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 4-1/2 oz cans chopped green chili peppers
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice (I used a precooked rice)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tbsp salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Trim fat from pork. Cut pork into 1/2-inch cubes. In a large skillet, brown pork, half at a time, in hot oil. Drain off fat. Return pork to the skillet.
Stir in black beans, tomatoes, condensed soup, chili peppers, brown rice, water (if using pre-cooked rice omit the water), and salsa. Bring mixture to boiling.
At this point I cover with cheese and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw, bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.