So this recipe is something that I made in a hotel room. Few ingredients, one pan and not much clean up. I got a “Chefs blend” mushroom container instead of just one kind. It was tasty and simple to make.
- 4 whole Steaks (sirloin, Ribeye, Etc.)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 pound White Mushrooms, Sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Green Onions, Sliced
- 1-1/2 cup Red Wine: Burgundy, Merlot, Cab, Etc.
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Fresh Parsley, Minced, To Taste
In a large skillet, melt butter over high heat. Throw in mushrooms, garlic, and green onions and cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are nice and golden. Pour in wine and stir, scraping bottoms of the pan. Allow to cook for several minutes or until liquid is reduced by at least half. At the end, add 1 tablespoon butter and stir into sauce. Add parsley and stir together. Don’t be afraid to splash in a little more wine if needed.
Fry a steak in a separate skillet till medium rare.
Spoon mushrooms sauce over the top.