So we were having a casserole cookoff a few weeks ago. I decided to vegetarian for those who didn’t eat meat. I love mushrooms and goat cheese. Throw in pasta, asparagus and peas and I was a happy camper. I didn’t win but I sure did enjoy this recipe.
- 1 pound dried lasagnette or broken lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 3/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large shallots, minced (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the lasagnette until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Transfer the pasta to a baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
on top. Broil the lasagnette 6 inches from the heat until lightly golden and bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.