I made this recipe as a side dish. I had been working my way through a giant bag of Brussels sprouts and decided to give it a try. It was simple to make and very tasty.
- 1/2 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet and bake until golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then chop.
Halve the Brussels sprouts lengthwise and thinly slice them crosswise into fine ribbons. You should have about 6 cups.
In a large skillet set over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shallot and cook 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the maple syrup and hazelnuts and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.