We had everything lying in the pantry for the Forks over Knives recipe. We used this as a side dish and just loved the texture and flavor.
- 1 medium yellow onion, slived
- 2 garlic cloves, minved
- 2 cups bulgur
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cinnimon stick
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to tasted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Place the onion is a large saute pan and cook over medium high heat until golden (about 7-8 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the bulgur, raisins, apricots, cinnamon stick and coriander. Add the stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, until the bulgur is tender (about 15 minutes). Remove for the heat, pick out the cinnamon stick and stir in the onions and walnuts.