I always have leftover rice in the fridge and a jar of curry paste. This Forks over Knives recipe is the first time that I have seen them together in a recipe and have added this to my “too make” for when I have these both lying around again (which is bound to be in a few weeks). I had cabbage on hand so I added it.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, cut into strips
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion, leeks, mushrooms and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes. Add water as needed to keep the veg from sticking to the pan. Stir in the curry paste and cook another 30 seconds. Add the almonds, onions and rice and cook until heated through. Season as needed.