I love a good vegetable stir fry. While the original recipe from Forks Over Knives didn’t call for rice, I had leftover brown rice that I threw in at the end. Overall this was very tasty.
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut in half moons
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together miso, stock and sake.
Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion, carrot, pepper and broccoli and stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Add the snow peas and cook for another 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the sauce mixture and cook until heated through.
Remove the pan from heat and add the cilantro.