It’s salad season! I used all my fresh grown lettuce to make other yummies so I had to use store bought for this recipe. It was easy to put together and so tasty. We have a spicy homemade BBQ sauce that we keep around but feel free to use mild.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion and cheeses. Pour Ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips.