I needed something to go with the spicy black beans I had made. Since I already had thawed out chorizo I figured I would give this recipe a try. It’s very similar to the breakfast taco recipe, only it has an onion/cilantro topping instead of a fried egg. Fast and easy to make with great flavor.
- 1 pound russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 3 large potatoes)
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh Mexican chorizo or vegan Mexican chorizo
- 12 to 16 warm soft corn tortillas, for serving
- 1 white onion, minced, for serving
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Homemade or store-bought salsa verde, for serving
- 2 limes cut into 8 wedges each, for serving
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Add vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until potatoes are just cooked through, about 5 minutes after coming to a boil. Drain potatoes and let rest over sink until mostly dry.