When it comes to holiday meals, the go to is Turkey. I happened to have a whole smoked turkey in my freezer so I thought it would be great to make this out of it for Easter brunch. Everyone loved it. I didn’t quite master the waffles but it was still damn tasty.
- Vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 1 quart leftover or uncooked stuffing
- 2 cups leftover gravy
- 8 ounces grated Comté or gruyère cheese
- 1 pound sliced roast turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, tarragon, or chervil
Adjust oven rack to 5 inches below broiler element and preheat broiler to low. Preheat a four-well Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and add 1 cup of stuffing to each well. Close waffle iron and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Set waffles aside.