Again with the one pot pastas! I know I have quite a few but they are quite tasty. This recipe is simple to make (like they all are) but I changed it up by sauteing the onions and garlic first so that it didn’t have a raw flavor to it. I am going to try this with future one pot pasta recipes as well.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat sautee onion and garlic. Add spaghetti, sausage, tomatoes, basil and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.