Ok so healthy this recipe is not. I mean, just take a look at the ingredient list. However, in my continued quest to find a home made mac n cheese that I like I decided to give this one a try. You know what? I actually didn’t mind it, however my hubs preferred some other one I made (that I have long forgotten by now).
- 1 (16-oz.) package elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (16 oz.) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Stir together cream, next 5 ingredients, cooked macaroni, and 2 1/2 cups cheese in a large bowl.
Pour macaroni mixture into a lightly greased (with cooking spray) 6-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese over macaroni mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH 3 hours; reduce slow cooker to LOW, and cook 1 hour.