Salmon burgers are hit or miss in this house. Because of the amount of salmon we have I am always trying new recipes but for some reason the ones that go over best are the ones that leave the fillets in their whole form. This burger was tasty but came out a little dry for our liking.
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh dill fronds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 toasted split rolls
- 4 leaves Butter lettuce
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, sliced
Place half of salmon in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, about 10 short pulses. Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining salmon. Alternatively, chop salmon by hand and transfer to a large bowl. Finely mince half of the onion and add to salmon. Thinly slice remaining half onion and set aside.