Why yes, I do love my slow cooker. I also love curry so I decided to give this recipe a try. Very simple to make and the ginger is not overpowering at all. I found it a bit mild, but then again I like spicy food.
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.