Part of our constant freezer stash is halibut. I like to use it in any recipe that calls for a white fish like this one. The relish on top was tasty. The basil was a good twist instead of using cilantro.
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, cooked, kernels removed (about 1 cup cooked kernels)
- 1 small red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 medium Hass avocado, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small tomato, diced (about 1 cup), or 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 skin-on whitefish (or other light, white-fleshed fish) fillets, about 6 ounces each, patted dry with paper towels
Combine corn, red onion, avocado, tomato, red wine vinegar, lime juice1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, and basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.