There is nothing about this recipe that I don’t like. I tend to keep sausage in the freezer because they come in packs of four and I only ever use one at a time. Beans are always in the cupboard and of course we always have fish (this recipe called for cod but Halibut is abundant up here). The only thing I needed to buy was the arugula so it is pretty much a pantry recipe for me.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) pieces of halibut
- 1 (2-ounce) piece of Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Place the oven rack in the lower middle position. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the garlic, arugula, Pecorino, and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor and process until a rough paste is formed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.