This is a vegetarian breakfast hash. I couldn’t find any baby bok choy so I used the fully grown stuff. I would recommend really searching for the baby stuff. The original has the texture of onions when cooked in this recipe and the hubs doesn’t like onions so it was a bit challenge. Other than that, this meal was a tasty hit!
- 1/2 pound (about 2 medium) russet potatoes, peeled, split into quarter lengthwise, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 pound baby bok choy, rinsed, dried, trimmed, and roughly chopped into 1/2-inch pieces(see note above)
- 1 finely sliced serrano or Thai bird chili
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot), or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Hot sauce, Sambal Oelek, or hot pepper relish for serving.
Place potatoes in as thin a layer as possible on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with paper towel and microwave on high power until heated through but still slightly undercooked, about 2 1/2 minutes.