I was interested in trying this recipe because I hadn’t cooked much with bulgur. It was a bland meal. Really bland. I had a feeling when I saw that there were very few ingredients but I didn’t modify in case I was wrong. Make sure to add more spices when you make it.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus (about 1 bunch), trimmed
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- olive oil, for serving
Heat oven to 375° F. In a large, shallow baking dish, combine the bulgur, broth, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on top, then place the salmon on top of the asparagus. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and top with the lemon.
Tightly cover the baking dish with foil and bake until the bulgur and asparagus are tender and the salmon is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve the salmon with the bulgur and asparagus. Sprinkle with the dill and drizzle with the oil.