I love a good steak. Especially a ribeye. Bone in ribeyes are hands down my favorite. I am not certain about putting butter on steak but I thought that the citrus butter in this recipe would pair nicely with the spice on the steak. I was right.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- Four thick, boneless steaks, such as ribeye or hanger, 10- to 12-ounces each
- Vegetable oil, for the grill
Combine the butter, garlic, lime zest, lime juice, and a salt to taste. Set aside. Combine the paprika, cumin, and chipotle powder in a small bowl. Sprinkle the steaks with plenty of kosher salt, then evenly sprinkle the spice mixture over them and rub into the meat.