- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, with thick stalks, ends trimmed, cut in 1 1/2 – 2 inch pieces
- 1-2 pounds new potatoes, cut in half or thirds (the larger ones)
- olive oil
- 3 cloves, garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley, chopped
- fresh Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In an extra large mixing bowl toss the asparagus, potatoes, 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and plenty of salt and pepper together. Alternately you can use your hands to massage the oil and seasonings into the vegetables.
2. Grease a roasting pan, casserole dish or sheet pan or line with parchment paper. Roast vegetables about 35-45 minutes until potatoes are tender. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with Parmesan cheese.