This recipe was simple to throw together and very enjoyable. I did alter it a bit from the original to allow for the flavors to meld more before eating right away. I added the avocado as I ate since it in multiple servings and didn’t want it to turn brown.
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 hass avocado, diced
- 2 hot peppers such as serrano or jalapeños, diced fine (seeds removed for mild)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped crab meat, tomatoes, hot pepper and corn. Combine the liquids and the items in the large bowl, add cilantro and gently toss. Allow to sit for a few hours.
Adjust lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Add in the avocado.