This was another recipe from Better Homes and Gardens that I prepped and froze for our visitor. While we liked this, it was decided that it would taste better with something other than broccoli in it.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 14 oz package frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 10 3/4 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 3/4 oz can condensed cheese soup
- 10 – 10 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed rich round crackers
In large bowl combine everything except cheese and crackers.
Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over all. Top with cheese. At this point I freeze the casseroles.
When ready to eat, thaw and preheat over to 350. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden. Makes 8 to 10 servings.