This rice recipe is one of my favorites. I always forget I can throw more than just rice into my rice cooker so I made this while emptying my pantry and it was such a hit I have made it multiple times since. The chicken in a Weber Marinade Mix with a twist.
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Weber Tequila Lime Marinade Mix
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- 2 Tbsp Oil
For the rice:
- 1 1/2 cups dry rice
- 1 10.5 oz can diced tomatoes with habaneros (I use RoTel)
- 1 14oz can black beans, drained
- 1 4oz can diced green chillies
- 1 1/2 cups water
Mix together chicken, seasoning packet, tequila and oil. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
Cook chicken on the grill until no longer pink (this varies depending on the thickness of the chicken).
In your rice cooker add all ingredients (no NOT drain the tomatoes) and mix. Cook on white rice setting. If not spicy enough, add hot sauce. We like to top ours with cheese but this is optional.