I have seen a lot of things like this pinned recently but I decided to make up my own recipe (mostly because when I am on the road I don’t want a lot of half empty containers). These were super simple and turned out great.
- 1.25 lb ground turkey (one standard package)
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 14oz can black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 package heat and serve brown rice
- 4oz container roasted corn salsa (I get this in my produce isle)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (one bag)
Preheat over to 375. In a pan, brown the turkey with taco seasoning, jalapeno and salsa. Add in rice, beans and corn salsa and cool until turkey is done. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
Cut the tops off the peppers and fill each evenly. Place on a pan and bake for 25 minutes until tops are crispy and peppers are cooked through. Serve with remaining salsa.