I will admit that we were both a bit scared of this Rachael Ray: 30 Minute Meals recipe. The hubs told me he has decided he no longer likes fish pasta (as I was cooking) and I am a bit weary of anything that has the words “fishy mush” in the recipe. I have to say we both enjoyed it though!
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- A couple shakes crushed red pepper flakes
- 12oz can Albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked with a fork
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- A handful of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1lb linguine, cooked until al dente
In a deep skillet, heat olive oil, garlic and crushed red pepper over medium heat until garlic speaks. Add tuna meat and saute until tuna is completely flaked and warm through. When the bottom of the pan is covered with nice fishy mush, add crushed tomatoes and chopped parsley. Heat through and reduce hear to low until pasta is cooked and drained. Dump linguine into the pan and toss thoroughly with sauce. Turn out onto a serving dish or serve right from the hot pan with crusty bread and a green salad.