This was a super simple meal that I made while one the road for work. I did make enough for leftovers as it actually reheats well even with clams in it. I got this recipe from Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Meals.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinched red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 anchovies
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup clam broth
- 14 oz can whole baby clams, drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- A handful fresh flat-leafed parsley, ripped from a bunch and chopped
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1lb linguine, cooked until al dente
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Heat garlic and crushed red pepper in oil over medium heat until garlic speaks by moving around in oil. Add anchovies. Stir with a wooden spoon until they melt away in the olive oil. Bring up heat to medium high. Add wine, broth, clams, thyme and parsley all at one. let clams soak up wine for a minute. Add tomatoes. Shake pan to combine sauce. Drop in cooked pasta. Toss pasta in sauce. Dump onto platter and enjoy.