Chicken and black beans are a match made in Mexican food heaven. I found that the BBQ sauce in this recipe made it a bit sweeter than I would like but overall the flavor was great. Oh, and I added cheese! This came from Rachael Rays: 30- Minute Meals
- 2 full chicken breasts (or 4 smaller halves)
- 1 tsp each chili powder and ground cumin
- A couple of shakes of cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium (Spanish) onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp your favorite barbecue sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 heart of romaine, shredded
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 10-12 inch flour tortillas
Rub chicken with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper sauce. Heat griddle pan to high. Cook the chicken breasts about 4 minutes on each side and remove from heat (I chopped my chicken before cooking to make it quicker).
While chicken is cooking, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Go once around the pan with oil. Cook onions and garlic until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add beans and barbecue sauce.
Chop cooked chicken breasts and drop into barbecued beans. Heat mixture through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pile chicken and beans on tortilla. Top with lettuce, green onions, and tomatoes. Wrap and enjoy!