This recipe came from Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Comfort Foods. We ate Chicken and Biscuits growing up a lot because it is what my brother ALWAYS made when it was his night to cook every other week. after not touching it for a while I have come back around and started to eat it again and love it 🙂
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (four 4-5 ounce breast halves)
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- A few pinches coarse salt and a few grinds of black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped fine
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 large shallot, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh tarragon, very thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tbsp superfine flour
- 4 buttermilk biscuits
Season chicken with poultry seasoning and salt and pepper (I chopped mine into 1inch pieces as I like this dish better that way). Lightly brown chicken in the tbsp of olive oil, 2 or 3 minutes per side, over medium to medium-high heat in a large non-stick skillet. Remove chicken and set aside.
Add a little more oil and butter to pan. add veggies and saute 5 minutes. Add wine and allow it to reduce by half, 1 or 2 minutes.
Add chicken back to pan and pour in broth. Cook chicken 5 or 6 minutes more, until meat is tender yet cooked through. Stir in tarragon.
Combine flour with a splash of broth or water and stir into a thin paste. Add paste to pan and combine with juices using a whisk. Thicken to desired consistency (1 or 2 minutes should do it). Adjust seasonings to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve over split biscuits.