There is a section of Jamie Oliver’s: Jamie’s Dinners called 5 minute wonders. I was really wanting to try these and figured that while I was on the road would be the best time to do so. This was only a 5 minute meal after everything was prepped! That being said it was delicious though enough to feed two (the recipe said one) so I had leftovers for lunch (once I realized how much food it was I way undercooked part of the salmon so it wouldn’t be too done once reheated).
- 4oz couscous
- 7oz salmon fillet, skin on, scaled and pinboned
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small zucchini sliced into batons
- 1 small handful of asparagus tips
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- juice of ½ a lemon
- a small handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche (I used sour cream since i couldn’t find this)
Put your couscous in a bowl, then pour over just enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 3 minutes to allow the couscous to soak up the water. Slice the salmon widthways into finger-size strips, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Heat a small non-stick frying pan and add the salmon strips on their side. Scatter over the courgette, asparagus tips and chilli and cook for 2 minutes, turning the salmon over halfway. Mix the tomatoes, lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of olive oil and the coriander into the couscous and season to taste. Remove the salmon strips to a plate and add the couscous to the veggies left in the pan. Mix together and then put the salmon strips back into the pan on top of the couscous, place a lid on and put back on a high heat for a minute. To serve, slide everything on to your plate and spoon over some crème fraîche. Quick and tasty!