This comes from Rachael Rays 30 Minute Comfort Foods. I made this will I was on the road hence why the pic isn’t that great. This recipe calls for olives, and I don’t like olives but I keep trying them in case I change my mind!
- 1 baguette
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans (6oz each) Albacore tuna, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 4 oz hot peppers, pepperoncini or banana peppers, chopped
- 14oz can artichoke hearts, pack in water, drained and chopped
- 16oz bottle roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 oz capers, drained and rinsed (I used half this amount)
- 20 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (I used half this amount)
- A few grinds black pepper
- 6 oz sliced sharp provolone cheese
Cut baguette in half lengthwise and hollow out the middle.
Cover garlic with oil in a small dish and microwave on high for 30 seconds or heat garlic and oil in a small pan over medium heat until garlic speaks or sizzles. Brush bread evenly with oil.
Stuff bread halves with remaining ingredients, packing them down in layers. Place one half baguette on top of the other and cut stuffed loaf into 4 sandwiches.