Continuing on my Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Meal Comfort Foods streak we have another yummy meal. I am not much of a chili fan but the hubs loves it. I keep trying new variations and this one I actually enjoyed.
- 1lb ground pork
- 1 tsp veg or corn oil
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 med green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried (I always have dried around so I used that)
- 14oz canned diced tomatoes
- 14oz canned chicken broth
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 6 drops cayenne pepper sauce, such as Red Hot or Tabasco
- 1/2lb andouille or chorizo sausage, diced (I used andouille)
- 4 scallions to garnish
- 4 corn muffins, split and grilled or toasted (I made mine from mix)
In a large, deep sauce pot, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes. Add onion, bell pepper, celery and bay leaf. Cook until veggies are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Add tomatoes and broth and heat through. Season with cumin, chili, and cayenne pepper sauce. Add sausage and heat through, another 2 or 3 minutes. Add salt if you feel it needs it.
Serve with a garnish of chopped scallions and warm, toasted corn muffins.