This delicious dish came from Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Meals Comfort Foods. I am terrible at pounding out chicken breasts (I need to get a mallet instead of using a rolling pin) so mine were thicker than they should have been. I finished them in the oven at 350 to make sure they were cooked. I also didn’t clean up the pan before taking the photo but they were so yummy!
- 1 lb. chicken breast cutlets (I used normal chicken breasts)
- 1 large plastic food storage bad
- 8 ox garlic-and-herb soft cheese, Alouette brand
- 2 scallions, sliced thin, on an angle
- 12 oz roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts, 2 at a time, in a large plastic food storage bag. Pound breasts to 1/8th inch thickness and remove. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Spread each breast cutlet with a thin layer of cheese and sprinkle with sliced scallions. Please a roasted pepper on top of each cutlet. Toll breasts into bundles and secure with toothpicks.
Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil and bundles. Brown and cook chicken breasts 6 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper. Remove breasts and slice. Fan out the breast and serve with a chunky vegetable or green salad and crusty bread.