This recipe came from Rachel Ray’s 30-Minute Meals Comfort Foods. I went through a phase where I made a lot from here as it was easy and delicious when I got home from work. The trick to working with Bay Scallops is to not cook them very long as they get tough fast due to their small size.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (3 turns around the pan)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. bay scallops, drained well
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained well
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 box (8 oz.) angel hair pasta, prepared according to pkg. directions (I used spaghetti since I had it at home)
Place a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Add oil and heat 1 minute.
Add garlic and saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add scallops, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes or until opaque.
Add tomatoes and basil and heat for 1 minute.
Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Add pasta to the pan and toss to combine well.